OnPoint Analytics seeks an economist to join our team full time, to devise and implement rigorous economic analysis and to oversee and mentor our outstanding junior staff. This is a full-time position that involves the following responsibilities:
- Researching, summarizing and analyzing a variety of real-world settings
- Identifying key economic and financial issues in those settings
- Devising and implementing theoretical and/or empirical frameworks for the analysis of key issues
- Producing expert reports, primarily for litigation purposes
- Critically responding to opposing expert reports
- Managing and mentoring junior staff
Candidates should possess a Ph.D. in Economics, Finance or a closely related field, with an applied empirical emphasis (no later than July 2014). Specialization in health economics, industrial organization, labor economics or finance is particularly desirable.
Consulting or other business and/or management experience is a plus.
Successful candidates must be articulate in person as well as talented writers: they must be capable of communicating complex ideas to audiences with varying technical backgrounds in a way that is clear and compelling. Analytical and programming expertise in Stata or SAS is required, as is experience working with large datasets. The ability to manage and mentor junior staff while running projects to tight schedules is very important. An ideal individual would have a high energy level, the ability to work quickly and pragmatically, and a good sense of humor.
Base salary is competitive with excellent benefits and a large bonus potential.
Please visit our listing on econjobmarket.